APPLICATION OF THYRISTORS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY: CONSEQUENCES AND REMEDIES. STUDIES AND RESULTS OF INTERFERENCE CAUSED BY THYRISTOR LOCOMOTIVES WORKING ON 25 KV, 50 AND 60 HZ
This report covers essentially the results of the different tests carried out by the SNCF with thyristor locomoitve BB 15000 and by the MAV with two prototype thyristor locomotives types V 43 and V 42. The purpose of the SNCF tests was (a) to compare the different thyristor arrangements and (b) to determine the effect of the BB 15000 thyristor arrangement on the various types of SNCF track circuits. The object of the MAV measurements was to ascertain, in addition to the effects on track circuits, the interference currents, so as to be able to conclude, at a later date, the effects on telecommunication circuits. The report also contains the results of measurements taken with the type 181 thyristor locomotive belonging to the DB and with a thyristor locomotive belonging to the South Korean Railways (KNR).
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1974-10
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 38 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Electric locomotives; Electric power conditioning; Interference; Railroad electrification; Signaling; Thyristors
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a122; Thyristor control
- Subject Areas: Energy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052531
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A122/RP 11/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1976 12:00AM