PROTECTION OF MATERIALS. TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION FOR THE SURFACE PREPARATION OF METAL AND NON-METAL MATERIALS AND STRUCTURES FOR VEHICLES AND CONTAINERS
This report contains the requirements to be met in the preparation of the surfaces of metal and non-metal materials, components and sub-assemblies for vehicles and containers, and also for fully assembled structures. Particular reference is made to the surface preparation of steel, high-grade steel (stainless steel), light-metal alloys, timbers, synthetic materials and components and accessories coated with anti-corrosive priming paint. This report represents the revision of UIC leaflet 842-8.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-10
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Coatings; Corrosion protection; Materials and structures protection; Paint; Protective coatings; Specifications
- Old TRIS Terms: Materials protection; Question e17
- Subject Areas: Construction; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052528
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: E17/RP 35/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM