ROLLER BEARING AXLEBOXES AND AXLES. RECOMMENDATIONS CONCERNING THE MAINTENANCE RULES AND FREQUENCIES FOR ROLLER BEARING AXLEBOXES OF GOODS WAGONS
Following an enquiry conducted on the different Member-Administrations of ORE concerning the maintenance rules and maintenance frequencies for roller bearing axleboxes of goods wagons, the ORE B95 Committee considered it possible to present some uniform proposals concerning the question of maintenance. Taking into account the results of the investigations and tests carried out especially concerning greases, the Committee proposes that, subject to certain conditions, the periodical maintenance of roller bearing axleboxes should only be carried out during every other wagon overhaul i.e. at intervals of at least 8 years for current types of wagons. These proposals offer, for the greater part of the Railway Administrations, the advantage of achieving substantial savings without harming the quality of the service or the operational safety of the goods traffic.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1972-10
- Features: Appendices; Tables;
- Pagination: 22 p.
- TRT Terms: Axles; Freight cars; Roller bearings; Vehicle maintenance
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle boxes; Freight car maintenance; Question b95
- Subject Areas: Maintenance and Preservation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052515
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B95/RP 3/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM