APPLICATION OF THYRISTORS IN RAILWAY TECHNOLOGY: CONSEQUENCES AND REMEDIES. CHOPPER CONTROL SYSTEMS
Within the scope of studies concerning possible interference induced in signalling and telecommunication installations caused by chopper-controlled motive power units, the Committee thought it useful to make a comparison between the various control systems. The present report contains a comparison of the control of choppers by varying the pulse frequency or pulse duration and it describes several possible solutions during the starting process. With a view to the high powers usually installed in motive power units, and, above all, with a view to the signalling and telecommunication installations on the railway administrations, the application of choppers operating at fixed frequencies is considered desirable.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; References;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Communications; Interference; Signaling; Thyristors
- Old TRIS Terms: Question a122; Thyristor control
- Subject Areas: Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052514
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: A122/RP 7/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1976 12:00AM