MAXIMUM SPEED ATTAINABLE ON THE WHEEL/RAIL SYSTEM. PRELIMINARY INVESTIGATION (SUPPLEMENT).
This report should supplement the Report on Preliminary investigations S 1004/RP 1, published in April 1972. It contains, in particular, the views of the JNR concerning that report and it also furnishes a survey of existing and planned high speed test sections and existing test vehicles. Finally, an analysis is given of the various components of the wheel/rail system and also an indication of the problems involved in the preparation of a synthesis of the overall system.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 76 p.
- TRT Terms: Adhesion; High speed rail; Passenger cars; Passenger service; Test tracks; Tilting trains; Train track dynamics; Turbotrains
- Identifier Terms: Nihon kokuyu tetsudo
- Old TRIS Terms: Question s1004; Tilting cars
- Subject Areas: Passenger Transportation; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052510
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: S1004/RP2/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1976 12:00AM