BRAKING AND ACCELERATION FORCES ON BRIDGES. BRAKING AND STARTING TESTS ON A STEEL BRIDGE OF 30M SPAN WITH A BALLAST BED.
The report contains the results of measurements taken during braking tests on a steel bridge of 30 m span with uninterrupted ballast bed. Indications are given concerning the distribution of the braking forces in bridge bearings, rails and ballast bed; the greater part is transmitted to the fixed bearing and rails, whereas the ballast bed takes only a minor part of these forces.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 29 p.
- TRT Terms: Acceleration (Mechanics); Bridges; Deceleration; Test trains; Train track dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d101
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052508
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D101/RP5/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM