CONSTRUCTIONAL ARRANGEMENTS FOR IMPROVING THE RIDING STABILITY AND THE GUIDING QUALITY OF ELECTRIC AND DIESEL LOCOMOTIVES AND VEHICLES. INVESTIGATIONS CONCERNING THE RIDING PROPERTIES OF THE CO'CO' ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE AE6/6 11414 OF THE SWISS FEDERAL RAILWAYS (CFF)
Measurements have been made on this locomotive up to 200 km/h for estimating the influence of the constructional parameters of this type of motive power unit on the guiding forces arising between wheel and rail. Statements can be made concerning the most important points to be taken into consideration for reducing these forces.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Diesel electric locomotives; Dynamics; Electric locomotives; Locomotives; Rail (Railroads); Train track dynamics; Wheels
- Old TRIS Terms: Question b10
- Subject Areas: Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052507
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: B10/RP13/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1976 12:00AM