Modeling Intermodal Networks with Public Transport and Vehicle Sharing Systems
This paper extends a schedule-based transit assignment model to integrate vehicle sharing systems (VSS) with or without fixed stations permitting one-way rentals. It is assumed that travelers receive information through mobile internet on vehicle location and availability and that they can use a real-time booking service. The proposed model extends the functionality of a scheduled-based transit assignment in two ways: (1) It generates intermodal route choice sets combining transit and non-transit trip legs. This functionality enables an accessibility analysis to identify od-pairs benefiting from VSS. (2) It distributes a given travel demand on the route choice set considering capacity constraints of VSS. This functionality can be applied for an impact analysis of a proposed VSS.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/21924376
- Copyright © 2017, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg and EURO - The Association of European Operational Research Societies.
- Friedrich, Markus
- Noekel, Klaus
- Media Type: Web
- Features: References;
- Pagination: pp 271-288
- TRT Terms: Accessibility; Intermodal transportation; Public transit; Route choice; Traffic assignment; Travel demand; Vehicle sharing
- Subject Areas: Highways; Planning and Forecasting; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 01644860
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Aug 9 2017 1:58PM