CONTINUOUS MEASUREMENT AND CONTROL OF THE SPEED OF WAGONS SHUNTED OVER HUMPS. INFLUENCE OF THE FUTURE GOODS WAGON ROLLING STOCK WITH AUTOMATIC COUPLERS ON THE CAPACITY OF AUTOMATIC HUMP SYSTEMS
The report concerns the capacity of automatic hump yards for the future, modernised goods wagon rolling stock with automatic couplers and roller bearing axle boxes; the length of the wagons will generally exceed that of the present wagons. A study is made of the system with target braking and of that with controlled conveyance. Calculations are made of the attainable distances to be run in the sorting sidings according to the example of an ideal train. The joint running of wagons with automatic couplers after the impact in the sorting sidings is shown in a nomogram, in relation to the masses, the resistance to rolling, the gradient of the sorting siding and the impact speeds delta v = 1.5, 2.0 and 3.0 m/s. In a special section the separation on the hump is described.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 51 p.
- TRT Terms: Couplers; Hump yards; Yard operations
- Old TRIS Terms: Question d74; Yard capacity
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00052503
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D74/RP6/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM