STATISTICAL DISTRIBUTION OF AXLE LOADS AND STRESSES IN RAILWAY BRIDGES. INTRODUCTION AND DEFINITIONS
This report presents the introductory philosophy to the analysis of strains in railway bridges subjected to traffic. The fundamental terms for the dynamics and random vibrations of bridges, statistics and probability are defined. These definitions are accompanied by illustrative examples with applications to railway bridges. Several methods for the solution of the question are suggested.
- Restrictions on the use of this document are contained in the explanatory material.
International Union of RailwaysOffice of Research and Experiments
- Publication Date: 1973-4
- Features: Appendices; Figures;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Axle loads; Bridges; Stresses; Train track dynamics
- Old TRIS Terms: Axle loadings; Bridge stresses; Question d128
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052502
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Report/Paper Numbers: D128/RP1/E
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 24 1974 12:00AM