TRANSYT 6/N AND ITS USE AS A NETWORK EVALUATION TOOL
TRANSYT Version 6N is a modified version of the TRRL program TRANSYT/6. Modifications have been introduced primarily to enhance TRANSYT as a tool for the performance evaluation of traffic signal networks. The new facilities are link groups, intersection statistics, network evaluation calculations, search for optimum cycle time, external link speeds, additional traffic statistics and output options. These help to reduce and simplify input data preparation and provide additional output facilities, thereby reducing manual labour previously involved in extracting detailed information on network performance, in particular when different flow types such as buses and pedestrians in addition to general vehicles are used. All the new facilities of TRANSYT/6N are optional. TRANSYT/6N may therefore by used exactly in the format of TRANSYT/6. The changes have only been made to the main program and the input/output subroutines of TRANSYT/6. /TRRL/
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/isbn/0869100971
- Proceedings from the Workshop on Area Traffic Control, Brisbane, August 1978.
ARRB Group Ltd.Vermont South, Victoria Australia
- Akcelik, R
- Publication Date: 1979-5
- Features: Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: p. 33-59
- Publication of: Australian Road Research Board
- Publisher: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISSN: 0005-0164
- TRT Terms: Area traffic signal control; Buses; Computer programs; Conferences; Evaluation; Evaluation and assessment; Intersections; Networks; Optimization; Pedestrians; Statistics; Traffic flow; Traffic signal control systems; Traffic signal cycle; Traffic signal timing; Traffic signals
- Uncontrolled Terms: Transportation networks
- ITRD Terms: 669: Area traffic control; 8525: Conference; 576: Cycle (traffic signals); 9020: Evaluation (assessment); 455: Junction; 597: Linked signals; 1054: Network (traffic); 8645: Software; 6555: Statistics; 565: Traffic signal
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Operations and Traffic Management; Pedestrians and Bicyclists; Public Transportation; I73: Traffic Control;
- Accession Number: 00308009
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: ARRB Group Ltd.
- ISBN: 0 86910 097 1
- Files: ITRD, TRIS, ATRI
- Created Date: Apr 22 1980 12:00AM