SAE VIBRATION TEST FOR MOTOR VEHICLE LIGHTING DEVICES AND COMPONENTS
A new laboratory test specification was developed through vibration measurements at various locations on selected vehicles including trucks. Various alternatives for laboratory test equipment and test procedures were also studied. While the new specification addresses two major shortcomings of the previous test -- repeatability and improved correlation of loads between the field and the test -- it is not possible for a single vibration test to represent the vibration spectrum for all lamps mounted at all locations for all vehicles including heavy trucks. Because there are many manufacturers of lighting components -- some of which are relatively small companies, only relatively simple and readily available vibration test equipment was considered for the new procedure.
- From SAE Meeting, June 11-15, 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Walker, D D
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 26 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Electric lamps; Heavy vehicles; Lamps; Lighting; Performance tests; Trucks; Vehicle lighting; Vibration
- Subject Areas: Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00307935
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790747 Preprint
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 22 1980 12:00AM