AXLE EFFICIENCY -- TEST PROCEDURES AND RESULTS
A proposed SAE Axle Efficiency Test has been developed. Laboratory and test equipment problems in testing to the procedure are discussed. Test results with a variety of axles, lubricants, and axle ratios are presented. Results show significant sensitivity to lubricants selection with variations in load, speed, and temperature.
- From the SAE Meeting June 11-15, 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Hobson, D E
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Axles; Economic efficiency; Loads; Lubricants; Motor vehicles; Speed; Temperature; Testing; Traffic speed; Variables
- Uncontrolled Terms: Efficiency
- Old TRIS Terms: Variations
- Subject Areas: Economics; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00307869
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790744
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jun 9 1980 12:00AM