MEASUREMENT AND REDUCTION OF ON-ROAD BRAKE DRAG
A new, light weight, front disc brake caliper design, referred to as a "3200 " series, has been developed for use on the new, smaller, front-wheel drive vehicles. Features include reduced rotor drag and optimum utilization of weight vs. strength. In addition to the new caliper, a transducer capable of measuring vehicle brake drag on the road has been developed and successfully applied.
- From the SAE Meeting June 11-15, 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Hoffman Jr, C T
- Beurmann, D J
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Disc brakes; Drag; Front wheel drive; Hydraulic brakes; Optimization; Strength of materials; Transducers; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Brake drag transducer; Brakes (Hydraulic)
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00303443
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790723
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1980 12:00AM