CHROMATOGRAPHIC METHODS OF ANALYSIS FOR METHANOL AND ETHANOL IN AUTOMOTIVE EXHAUST
A gas-liquid chromatographic system designed for analysis of methanol in exhaust from methanol/gasoline fueled vehicles is described. Modifications of this system for liquid analysis of methanol in gasoline, and analysis of ethanol in exhaust from ethanol/gasoline fueled vehicles are also discussed. Some results for methanol in exhaust from neat methanol and methanol/gasoline fueled vehicles are presented, and are compared to emissions measured by a total hydrocarbon analyzer using flame ionization detection.
- Presented at SAE Passenger Car Meeting, Dearborn, Michigan, 11-15 June 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Raible, C J
- Cox, F W
- Publication Date: 1979-6
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Alcohols; Applications; Chromatography; Ethanol; Exhaust gases; Gasoline; Methanol; Methanol fuels; Motor fuels; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Chromatographic analysis; Exchaust gases; Methanol/gasoline fuel
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00303365
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790690, HS-029 342U
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 30 1984 12:00AM