CAN THE WORK PROBLEMS BE RESOLVED?
Southern Railway has been a leader in combining innovations in rail technology with a consistent effort to deal realistically with the impact of existing labor contracts so as to achieve positive adjustments to such technology. The relation of railroad industry labor costs to capital investment and return on investment are discussed, along with the impending challenges of labor negotiations to increase productivity in the operating craft unions.
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/oclc/4175009
Murphy-Richter Publishing Company20 North Wacker Driver
Chicago, IL USA 60606
- Paul, G S
- Publication Date: 1979-9
- Pagination: p. 91
- TRT Terms: Capital investments; Labor agreements; Labor unions; Management; Operating costs; Policy; Productivity; Profitability; Train crews; Work rules
- Old TRIS Terms: Management policies; Train crew requirements
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00303251
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 15 1980 12:00AM