COMPUTER SIMULATION OF A PROPOSED MARINE COGAS PROPULSION SYSTEM
The equilibrium at various power levels of a conceptual COGAS (combined gas turbine and steam turbine) system have been modeled on a digital computer. The steam turbine contributes a higher fraction of total power at part power loads than it does at full power loads. In the waste heat recovery unit (WHRU) boiling moves away from the economizer as the power level is raised.
- From the 11-15 June 1979 Meeting.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Watts, J W
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Engine performance; Engines; Gas turbines; Marine diesel engines; Propulsion; Ships; Simulation; Steam turbines; Turbines; Vehicle power plants; Waste heat utilization
- Old TRIS Terms: Propulsion plant performance; Steam turbine propulsion; Waste heat boilers
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00303147
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790648 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM