PASSENGER SERVICE DEPENDABILITY ASSESSMENT
For automated guideway transit systems an increasing concern is the probability of passenger delay and its relationship to system availability. For a loop configuration a particular reference response to a failure is hypothesized. For this reference response, the delay probability equation is approximated simply as "lack of availability" divided by "lack of passenger saturation." Alternate failure responses are then placed in perspective by scaling relative to the reference.
- Twenty-ninth IEEE Vehicle Technology Conference, Conference Record Papers, Arlington Heights, Illinois, March 27-30, 1979.
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)3 Park Avenue, 17th Floor
New York, NY United States 10016-5997
- SCHAAF, R W
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: p. 204-211
- TRT Terms: Automated guideway transit; Guideways; Reliability; Scheduling; Traffic delays; Transportation
- Subject Areas: Terminals and Facilities; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00302180
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: IEEE 79CH1378-9VT Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Jan 15 1980 12:00AM