AERODYNAMIC AND THERMODYNAMIC VALIDATION TESTS IN THE BERKELEY HILLS TUNNEL. VOLUME II
The report describes the validation of a subway environment simulation (SES) computer program. This validation was done by field test in the Berkeley Hills tunnel of BART. Volume 2 contains the detailed pressure measurements made inside the tunnel, on-board six-car trains and at the tunnel portal. Pressure measurements involve entry and exit transients and pressure fluctuation inside the tunnel caused by both train and emergency fan operations.
- Prepared in cooperation with the Wilson, Ihrig, and Associates, Oakland, Calif. See also Volume I, PB-226 898.
Transit Development Corporation, Incorporated1000 Connecticut Avenue, NW
Washington, DC USA 20036
- Publication Date: 1973-6
- Pagination: 63 p.
- TRT Terms: Aerodynamics; Environmental quality; Rapid transit; Subways; Tunnels
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District
- Old TRIS Terms: Subway environment
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Environment; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052165
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt, UMTA-DC-06-0010
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 2003 12:00AM