HYPOBARIC INTERMODAL CONTAINERS
The demand exists for fresh commodities and is increasing significantly. The supplies to satisfy these demands are available and are also increasing due to improved agricultural techniques. Many of the perishable commodities are grown in locations remote from the consuming markets. Through the advent of hypobaric technology, these markets can now be serviced at reasonable costs via surface shipments on a year round basis. Order from NSFI as No. 17851.
- From the Proceedings, Second Container Technology Conference, Brighton, December 1978.
Container Technology ConferenceBrighton, England
- MCDONALD, J W
- Publication Date: 1978
- Pagination: p. 165
- TRT Terms: Containerization; Containerized fruit; Containers; Exports; Farm produce; Perishables; Vegetables
- Old TRIS Terms: Agricultural exports; Containerized cargo; Hypobaric systems; Intermodal containers
- Subject Areas: Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00302069
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Ship Research Institute of Norway
- Report/Paper Numbers: Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM