TESTING THE CONE BRAKE DESIGN
Several dynamometer tests of the cone brake design have been completed. These tests indicate that the cone brake offers improved performance, together with the opportunity for weight and cost reduction. This paper reports the test results and discusses the advantages of the cone brake design.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting, February 26-March 2, 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Johnson, M E
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 12 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Air brakes; Automobiles; Brakes; Costs; Design; Dynamometers; Hydraulic brakes; Reduction (Chemistry); Testing; Trucks; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Brakes (Hydraulic); Cone brakes; Reduction; Weight reduction
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00302045
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790465 Conf Paper, HS-029 257U
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1984 12:00AM