NEW LIGHT ALLOY WHEEL TECHNOLOGY IN EUROPE
This paper discusses the reasons for fitting cast aluminum automobile wheels in Europe. It also draws attention to the detailed precautions taken during procurement of the aluminum alloy, the manufacture of the wheel casting, and some of the subsequent operations which are necessary to ensure that the finished wheel is of an acceptable quality to meet the functional end use requirements.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting, February 26-March 2, 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Woodward, R R
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 16 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Alloys; Aluminum; Aluminum alloys; Applications; Automobiles; Lightweight materials; Wheels
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00302040
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790431 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1979 12:00AM