ASTM ENGINE COOLANT TESTING
For more than 30 years, ASTM Committee D-15 on Engine Coolants has been active in the development, refinement, and promotion of test methods for antifreezes and inhibited coolants. The recent emphasis on higher operating temperatures and weight-reducing materials for automotive radiators, heater cores, and engine blocks and heads has increased the need for standards development and modernization.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting, February 26-March 2, 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Ailor, W H
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Anti-icing; Antifreeze; Coolants; Cooling; Engine cooling systems; Testing; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Engine coolants
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00302032
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790402 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1979 12:00AM