AUTOMOTIVE MATERIALS -- PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE
Material usages from 1900 are traced with emphasis on introduction of new materials on introduction of new materials and alloys. The historic prospective taken also extrapolates current developmental trends into the future. The paper is divided into three periods -- 1900-1940 -- the past, after World War II to 1978 -- the present, and the future. The future segment covers questions to be considered by today's corrosion engineer for future developments and progress.
- From the February 26-March 2, 1979 Meeting.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- White, C V
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Alloys; Automobiles; Corrosion; Development; Materials; Research; Reviews; Vehicular materials
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile materials
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00301673
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790482, HS-029 265U
- Files: HSL, TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 19 1984 12:00AM