STUDY OF HOLLOW STABILIZER BAR
A remarkable weight savings can be achieved through usage of a hollow stabilizer bar. The amount of weight savings is dependent on shape, design, material and methods of manufacture. In general, a 25% weight savings can be achieved through usage of hollow instead of solid bars.
- From the February 26-March 2, 1979 Meeting.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Matsuki, S
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Automotive engineering; Bars (Building materials); Stability (Mechanics); Stabilizers
- Old TRIS Terms: Anti-roll bar; Stabilizer bar
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00301559
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 79-405 Conf Paper
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1979 12:00AM