INTERIOR NOISE REDUCTION IN A RECREATIONAL VAN
A study was made to determine the effect of combinations of acoustic treatments on the interior noise levels in a 3/4 ton van. The effect of barriers, absorbers, and vibration dampers in various combinations on the dBA levels are given for both idle and highway operating conditions. A noise reduction of up to 10 dBA was obtained for certain barrier and absorber combinations.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting, 26 February-2 March, 1979.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- O'Keefe, E J
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 6 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Acoustics; Automobiles; Damping (Physics); Noise; Noise barriers; Noise control; Recreational vehicles; Sound level; Vans
- Uncontrolled Terms: Interior
- Old TRIS Terms: Recreational vans
- Subject Areas: Environment; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00301526
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790310
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 7 1979 12:00AM