HSLA STAMPED STEEL SPINDLE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
This paper describes the engineering activity used in the design and preliminary development of a lightweight, low cost, stamped steel front axle spindle assembly. Design revisions from the basic concept as they relate to manufacturing and structural integrity considerations are addressed. The analytical and empirical techniques used to prove design feasibility are also described.
- Prepared for SAE Meeting, 26 February-2 March, 1979.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Gatt, M E
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 12 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers
- TRT Terms: Applications; Assemblies (Equipment); Automobiles; Automotive engineering; Axles; Finite element method; Lightweight materials; Mathematical methods; Steel sheets; Vehicle design
- Old TRIS Terms: Front axle spindle assembly
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00301518
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790404
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 7 1979 12:00AM