EXPERIMENTAL ANALYSIS OF ENGINE COOLING SYSTEMS
The critical factor characterizing a cooling system optimization process is the air circuit, for the theoretical prediction of its behavior is up to now not yet satisfactory. In this situation it is extremely useful to have information gained by empirical testing. This paper describes the simulation techniques and the experimental methods employed by Fiat Research Center. They can be applied both during the development stage (mock-ups) and on definite vehicles.
- From the February 26-March 2, 1979 Meeting.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Costelli, A
- Gabriele, P
- Giordanengo, D
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 16 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Atmospheric circulation; Automobiles; Cooling; Cooling systems; Development; Performance tests; Research; Simulation; Test procedures; Vehicle power plants
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00301504
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790397
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1979 12:00AM