EMISSION AND FUEL ECONOMY MEASUREMENT IMPROVEMENTS
A program was initiated to improve the emission and fuel economy measurement accuracy and test cell to test cell correlation. Improvements were made to the constant volume sampling system, electric dynamometer, instrument calibration ranges and system checks were initiated to improve the accuracy of the bag emissions, model emission, calculated and measured fuel economy. Unique emission and fuel economy problems associated with gasoline and diesel testing were studied and resolutions effected when possible.
- From the February 26-March 2, 1979 Meeting.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Wiers, W W
- Niepoth, G W
- Hostetter, T D
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- Society of Automotive Engineers Preprint
- Publisher: Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE)
- TRT Terms: Accuracy; Dynamometers; Exhaust gases; Fuel conservation; Fuel consumption; Improvements; Internal combustion engines; Measuring instruments; Pollutants; Sampling; Vehicle power plants; Volume
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Constant volume sampling system; Emission rates
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00301501
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790233
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 27 1979 12:00AM