A FIVE YEAR PLAN FOR IMPROVED DATA PROCESSING AND OPERATIONS CONTROL
With the long-range development plans of CTA, effective and timely reporting of all operations to management becomes increasingly significant. Moreover, with clerical costs rising the adoption of advanced data processing techniques becomes more essential. This report summarizes the results of a review initiated and conducted by CTA and Arthur Andersen & Co. The review was basically a high-spot evaluation of management reports and clerical activities in the scheduling, purchasing, accounting and related departments. A potential for improvement exists in almost every area of the present accounting operations and in many related clerical activities.
Chicago Transit AuthorityMerchandise Mart Plaza, P.O. Box 3555
Chicago, IL USA 60654
- Publication Date: 0
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 49 p.
- TRT Terms: Accounting; Information systems; Rapid transit
- Identifier Terms: Chicago Transit Authority
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052070
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: CHICAGO TRANSIT AUTHORITY
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1981 12:00AM