AMERICAN GROUND TRANSPORT. A PROPOSAL FOR RECONSTRUCTING THE AUTOMOBILE, TRUCK, BUS, AND RAIL INDUSTRIES
This report, which was presented to a Senate Subcommittee, is primarily concerned with competition in the transportation industry. It contains sections on the demise of street railway and interurban electric railway systems, of the political opposition to rapid transit, and on the replacement of New Haven electric locomotives by diesels. The report blames the economic power of certain auto makers for many of the present day transportation problems in the U.S.
- Presented to the Subcommittee on Antitrust and Monopoly, Committee of Justice, U.S. Senate, Feb. 26, 1974.
Government Printing OfficeSuperintendent of Documents
Washington, DC United States 20402-9325
- Snell, B C
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Features: Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 103 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Governments; Planning; Policy; Railroad electrification; Rapid transit; Regulations; Steering; Streetcars; Transportation modes
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Government policies; Government regulations
- Subject Areas: Law; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Public Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00052067
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: 27-540 0
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1981 12:00AM