INTERNATIONAL COLLOQUIUM ON COVERAGE OF INTERMEDIATE DISTANCES
COLLOQUE INTERNATIONAL SUR LA COUVERTURE DES DISTANCES INTERMEDIAIRES
This special issue is totally devoted to the Colloquium held in Paris on 22 and 23 November 1978, on the subject of passenger transport. It gives an account of the lectures delivered on the qualitative and quantitative aspects of demand, the place of intermediate distances in the different transport modes, estimated data and technological innovations. In most cases, the themes were dealt with by road and railway experts. Its second part aims at defining the criteria of an optimization policy to cover intermediate distances and gives the points of view expressed by Mr. Michel Feve for the roads, by Mr. Rene Lepeautre for air transport, and by Mr. Paul Gentil for the railways.
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: Photos;
- Pagination: 54 p.
- TRT Terms: Competition; Intercity travel; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Transportation modes; Travel demand
- Identifier Terms: Societe nationale des chemins de fer francais
- Subject Areas: Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00301162
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: International Union of Railways
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 7 1979 12:00AM