CONTRIBUTION TO NESTING SYSTEM
This report concerns an experimental system designed to process the two-dimensional allocation problem by a heuristic approach. As an approach to allocation, a branching method and an allocation technique were developed, and for man-machine interaction, a graphic display was used. The present system can be operated by use of a smaller medium-sized computer. Its processing efficiency is excellent.
- Presented at the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- Sasahara, A
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Automation; Computers; Control systems; Information processing; Shipbuilding
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer aided analysis
- Subject Areas: Construction; Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00052015
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. VII-5
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM