DIRECT GENERATION OF FAIR SHIP HULL SURFACE FROM DESIGN PARAMETERS
Early definition of the surface shape of a ship provides a smooth and effective link between the designer and production manager. One large step in the transition from design to production is fairing. Many papers have been presented on computer methods of fairing and surface generation. This paper presents an approach for the direct generation of the hull surfaces that would bypass the fairing stage. A brief review of the various techniques for surface generation is made first followed by the proposed computerized direct hull surface generation technique.
- Presented at the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- Kuo, C
- Kyan, A
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 9 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computers; Hulls; Naval architecture; Surfaces; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull surfaces
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00052011
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. VII-1
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 26 1974 12:00AM