PIPE ENGINEERING SYSTEM OF NIPPON KOKAN K.K., PAST AND PRESENT
Computer applications systems in ship yard have undergone changes in the past. Two specific elements seem to have exerted the greatest influence on this: (1) development of computer technology and (2) changes in the construction methods of ships and vessels. The change in the pipe engineering system by computer is a typical example of this type. The impact of the computer technology on the information systems for pipe manufacturing is described in the present report.
- Presented are the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- Tanaka, H
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Automation; Control systems; Information processing; Modernization; Pipelines; Productivity; Shipbuilding; Shipyards; State of the art; Structural design
- Old TRIS Terms: Piping design
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Pipelines; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00052009
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Report/Paper Numbers: No. VI-10
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 17 1974 12:00AM