COMPUTER GRAPHICS IN SHIPBUILDING INDUSTRY--A FEASIBILITY STUDY
A survey of calculation application in shipyards where graphical data is involved has been carried out along with a survey of available equipment for computer graphics and similar applications already implemented on computer graphic systems. For a number of possible configurations for a graphical terminal and for the more promising applications, estimates of manhour reductions are made. The information is condensed to a recommendation of a certain terminal type for initial development work at a shipyard.
- Presented are the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- Green, R W
- Publication Date: 1973
- Pagination: 10 p.
- Issue Number: VI-7
- TRT Terms: Computer aided design; Computer graphics; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052006
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 17 1974 12:00AM