WHICH WAY COMPUTER AIDED PRELIMINARY SHIP DESIGN AND OPTIMIZATION?
Great progress has been realised in all sorts of separate calculations for ship design, E.G. in the fields of strength, resistance, propulsion, vibration and so on. Few computer programs are offered for the preliminary design and the optimisation of ship. Here specialist companies may protect, but personal experience, visits to various shipyards in different countries and talks with the authors of papers on CAPSD give the impression that at least the application of computers for preliminary design is not up to expectations.
- Presented are the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- Gallin, C
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 11 p.
- Issue Number: VI-6
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computers; Information processing; Naval architecture; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer aided analysis; Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052005
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 17 1974 12:00AM