COMPUTER-AIDED MULTI-LEVEL OPTIMIZATION METHOD APPLIED TO ECONOMIC SHIP DESIGN
The seagoing cargo vessel is an expensive object. Preliminary cargo ship designs must therefore take into account the potential financial return. The economic research problem results decisively affects the designing process and provides direction in the field of the technical problems. The problem of economic optimizing of ships at the designing stage is a designing problem in which the main aim is to create maximum possibilities for making economic profits on the financial base involved in the production and operation of the ship. This paper presents the computerized techniques developed to achieve the maximum return during the initial design stage.
- Presented are the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- Jagoda, J
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 15 p.
- Issue Number: VI-4
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computers; Economic analysis; Information processing; Naval architecture; Ships; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer aided analysis; Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052003
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 17 1974 12:00AM