U.S. IMPORTS VIA MINIBRIDGE
The purpose of this report is to set forth a quantitative data base on minibridge import traffic. It will be seen from the methodology employed for this report, the present statistical methods employed by the Bureau of the Census are not conducive to a report on minibridge export traffic. However, one possible source for a comprehensive imports/exports statistical reporting of minibridge traffic is the 1976 Survey of Domestic and International Transportation of U.S. Foreign Trade. This report includes only the waterborne imports which reflect a difference between the port of unloading and the port of entry. As such, it is assumed that the inland movement was accomplished by rail, this assumption is warranted because of the economics involved in long-haul (transcontinental) rail service versus highway. The report details the actual tonnage and value of four-digit commodities imported from the Far East and Europe on an in-bond basis for the years 1976-1978 inclusive.
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Publication Date: 1979-7
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Competition; Databases; Economics; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Imports; Intermodal transportation; Land bridge; Rail marine interface; Trade routes; Transportation modes
- Old TRIS Terms: Cargo movement; Import traffic; Minibridge economics; Traffic analysis (Freight)
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00302284
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM