ROCK SLOPE ENGINEERING REFERENCE MANUAL
This reference manual consists of eight main parts as follows: Part A--Engineering geology considerations and basic approach to rock slope stability analysis; Part B--Methods of obtaining geologic structural, strength and related engineering geology data; Part C--Approach and techniques in geologic structural analysis; Part D--Slope stability analysis methods; Part E--Rock slope stabilization, protection and warning instrumentation measures and related construction considerations; Part F--Blasting for rock slopes and related excavation considerations; Part G--(Field Manual) Description of Detail Line Engineering Geology Mapping Method; Part H--(Appendix) Chapter 9 of Landslides; Analysis and Control (TRB Report 176). A precise Table of Contents is given in each part of the manual.
- This reference manual was prepared in conjunction with a series of Rock Slope Engineering Workshops sponsored by the Implementation Division of the Federal Highway Administration.
Piteau (DR) and Associates, LimitedKapilano 100, Suite 708
West Vancouver, Canada
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Piteau, D R
- Publication Date: 1979-1
- Pagination: n.p.
- TRT Terms: Engineering geology; Excavations; Landslides; Manuals; Presplitting (Blasting); Rock mechanics; Rocks; Slope stability; Structural analysis; Structural engineering
- Subject Areas: Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00302193
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-TS-79-208 Manual
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-9218
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 19 1979 12:00AM