DEVELOPMENT OF RESEARCH AT R.I.N.A. DURING LAST YEARS, IN THE FIELD OF SHIP STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS
In the sixties, and in the early seventies, the ship research world underwent a revolution, mainly due to the impact of new direct calculation methods, like strip theory for motions and loads appraisal and finite elements for structure analysis. In the following years efforts were mainly concentrated in refining those methods and developing suitable procedures for practical design. Also the research in R.I.NA. followed this trend, which mainly resulted in a Global System of analysis for longitudinal strength and in some procedures for the transverse strength analysis of large ships and for specific problems, like racking of RO/RO ships. In this paper results achieved in last two years are reported and basic areas for future development are outlined.
Registro Italiano Navale20 Via Vente Settembre
- Pittaluga, A
- Publication Date: 1979-8
- Features: References;
- Pagination: v.p.
- TRT Terms: Damping (Engineering); Longitudinal strength; Rolling; Structural analysis; Structural design; Structural mechanics; Transverse strength
- Uncontrolled Terms: Structural response
- Old TRIS Terms: Roll damping; Strength response
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00301882
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: Tech Bulletin No. 65
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 7 1979 12:00AM