OPTIMIZATION IN PRE-CONTRACT SHIP DESIGN
This paper deals with the use of optimization methods in the preliminary and structural design of ships. It covers aspects of problem formulation, efficiency and reliability of several solution algorithms, and the results obtained in a few typical examples.
- Presented are the International Conference on Computer Applications in the Automation of Shipyard Operation and Ship Design, held by IFIP/IFAC/JSNA, Tokyo, Japan, Aug. 28-30, 1973.
North Holland Publishing Company335 Jan Van Galenstraat, P.O. Box 103
- Nowacki, H
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: References;
- Pagination: 12 p.
- Issue Number: VI-1
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Computers; Data processing; Naval architecture; Ships; Structural design; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Computer aided analysis; Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00052000
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Purdue University
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 17 1974 12:00AM