FRACTURE MECHANICS DESIGN METHODOLOGY, 1978
The publication contains 11 papers. The papers present the state-of-the-art damage tolerance analysis of civil and military aircraft. The criteria for slow crack and fast fracture are reviewed and fracture toughness data for plane strain and stress are discussed. Ways of evaluating and using da/dn data are presented. Stress intensity of complex structures is analyzed and techniques for appraising stress intensity factors are surveyed. Damage tolerance analysis is made of actual aircraft component. Finally, an evaluation is made of the accuracy of residual strength and crack growth predictions. predictions.
- Structures and Materials Panel and the Consult. Exchange Program, 5/6 October 1978 (Delft), 9/10 October 1978 (Munich), 12/13 October 1978 (Sacavem, Portugal).
Advisory Group Aerospace Research and Development7 Rue Ancelle
92 Neuilly-sur-Seine, France
- Publication Date: 1979
- Features: References;
- Pagination: v.p.
- AGARD Lecture Series
- Issue Number: 97
- Publisher: Advisory Group for Aeronautical Res & Dev-NATO
- TRT Terms: Aircraft; Aircraft materials; Conferences; Cracking; Design; Fatigue (Mechanics); Fracture mechanics; Loss and damage; State of the art; Stresses; Structural analysis; Structural design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Crack propagation; Stress intensity factors
- Old TRIS Terms: Damage tolerant design
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00301376
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Engineering Index
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Feb 11 1980 12:00AM