LABORATORY CORRELATION OF SOIL SWELL POTENTIAL
The objective of the study was to determine if a correlation exists between the Potential Volume Change Test and the Potential Vertical Rise Test as compared to the Third Cycle Expansion Pressure Test. Samples of soils in selected areas of Louisiana were obtained and subjected to these tests. A direct comparision of test data was made. The analysis indicated an apparent linear relationship, however with poor correlation, as well as considerable variation of test data within each respective test method. (Author)
- Record URL:
- Conducted in cooperation with the Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration.
Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development1201 Capitol Access Road, P.O. Box 94245
Baton Rouge, LA United States 70804-9245
- Melancon, J L
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 44 p.
- TRT Terms: Correlation analysis; Electric potential; Laboratory tests; Soil tests; Soils; Swelling; Swelling soils; Volume changes
- Uncontrolled Terms: Potential
- Old TRIS Terms: Soil swell
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00308774
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Highway Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA/LA-79/131 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: Study No. 72-3S
- Files: TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Apr 22 1980 12:00AM