THE UNWRITTEN HISTORY OF THE LIGHT DIESEL
The author candidly relates the development of the automobile diesel from his perspective as an active participant of almost fifty years. Anecdotes about people and companies are recorded for the first time. Problems and successes of the past, as well as areas of future concern are detailed. This first of an expected series on automotive diesel engines brings into focus the state-of-the-art of one alternative to the spark ignition engine.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Underwood, A F
- Publication Date: 1978-8
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Alternatives analysis; Diesel engines; Spark ignition engines; State of the art studies; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines
- Subject Areas: Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308766
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 780713
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1980 12:00AM