TROUBLES AND COUNTERMEASURES ON OIL SEALS OF AUTOMOTIVE APPLICATION
The result of analysing phenomena in oil seals which has caused the oil leakage in the market shows that about 60% of oil leakage is caused by the seal installation to housing bore or shaft, about 30% thereof by unsuitable operating condition and remaining 10% by the design of oil seals. From the point, oil leakage troubles and their countermeasures on oil seals for automotive application are discussed.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Hirabayashi, H
- Ohtaki, M
- Tanoue, H
- Matsushima, A
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 16 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Countermeasures; Leakage; Oil seals
- Subject Areas: Highways; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308763
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790346
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1980 12:00AM