NEW 7.5- AND 8.5-INCH FORD AXLES FOR 1979
New fuel efficient 7.5" (190.5 mm) and 8.5" (215.9 mm) cast center axles have been introduced in the 1979 Ford and Mercury full-size cars. The design, development and manufacturing of these axles contain several new and interesting features which offer maximum manufacturing flexibility and improved reliability.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Manduzzi, D J
- Bak, P E
- Publication Date: 1979
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Automotive engineering; Axles; Chassis; Electric power transmission; Flexibility; Fuel consumption; Reliability
- Old TRIS Terms: Power systems; Vertical control
- Subject Areas: Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308746
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790048
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 31 1980 12:00AM