NEW 5- AND 6-CYLINDER VW DIESEL ENGINES FOR PASSENGER CARS AND LIGHT DUTY TRUCKS
In The Years Following the introduction of the 4-cylinder diesel engine for the Volkswagen Rabbit 5- and 6-cylinder diesel engines were developed for passenger cars and light duty trucks. The paper describes the basic design, development highlights and gives the performance characteristics such as of power, durability, emissions and fuel economy.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Sator, K
- Buttgereit, W
- Sturzebecher, U
- Publication Date: 1979-3
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Delivery vehicles; Design; Diesel engines; Durability; Engines; Fuel consumption; Light trucks; Power; Trucks; Vehicle power plants
- Old TRIS Terms: Automobile engines; Truck engines
- Subject Areas: Design; Energy; Highways; Motor Carriers; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308720
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790206
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM