INTER-TEST FACILITY ROLLING RESISTANCE CORRELATION VIA CONTROL TIRE CONCEPT AND COMPUTER MULTIPLE REGRESSION MODELING
Experimental or observed rolling resistance data can be utilized to develop an empirical model that accurately depicts tire rolling resistance as a function of load and pressure over a wide range of load and pressure variations. This method allows the development of a graphical expression (carpet plot) or mathematical expression (computer modeled) to depict rolling resistance on three "control tires." When the graphical or computer modeled systems are combined with a basic control tire correlation concept, a rather accurate inter-test facility prediction system does not have a rely on the sometimes inaccurate correction equations developed from theoretical modeling techniques.
Warrendale, PA USA 15096
- Tillinger, D E
- Weber, J R
- Strowe, R H
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Pagination: 6 p.
- TRT Terms: Correlation analysis; Empirical methods; Loads; Multiple regression analysis; Pressure; Rolling; Simulation; Test facilities; Tires
- Old TRIS Terms: Multiple regression; Resistance
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308709
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 790117
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM