FIAT RESEARCH CENTER HYBRID VEHICLE PROTOTYPE
The scope of the hybrid propulsion systems studies that have been developed by FIAT Research Centre, is the energy consumption evaluation in comparison with conventional traction drives. After a general study on the hybrid propulsion systems, mathematical models have been developed for the evaluation of performances and energy balance. The construction of a prototype with parallel hybrid propulsion system has been completed to validate the computer simulation models. Computer and on road tests results are reported. Criteria used to select the parameters to the optimization of the system are discussed.
Warrendale, PA United States 15096
- Morello, L
- Piccolo, R
- Ippolito, L
- Publication Date: 1979-2
- Pagination: 10 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel consumption; Hybrid vehicles; Mathematical models; Prototypes; Simulation
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Energy; Highways; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00308700
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: SAE 79014
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 21 1980 12:00AM